#AtoZChallenge Book Review health and wellness tips

Natural

the healthy smoothie bible 3

N is a natural for nature. The word “natural” always makes me think of health and today, I am thrilled to introduce you to my friend and best-selling author, Farnoosh Brock’s second gorgeous book “The Healthy Smoothie Bible: Lose Weight, Detoxify, Fight Disease, and Live Long“.

I absolutely enjoyed and reviewed Farnoosh’s first book “The Healthy Juicer’s Bible” a few months ago and soon after, when she mentioned working on another book, I thought, wow! Now, she’s the sort who is blessed with focus and in turn, I am fortunate to have received an advance review digital copy of her second book, The Healthy Smoothie Bible where she talks about easy-to-make healthy delicious smoothies made from all-natural ingredients.

The Healthy Smoothie Bible

healthy smoothie bible

Hardcover: 256 pages
Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing (April 22, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1628737123
ISBN-13: 978-1628737127

No shopping at fancy health food stores, no going organic. In fact, just healthy living with your normal every day shopping on a decent budget. That’s the USP of this book.

Whether you are a smoothie-newbie or a smoothie-pro, you’ll fall in love with this book. You can choose to read the book from page one, or just skip over to the recipe index and then come back to the valuable information via the step by step guide ​on the preparation and set up process.​

The Healthy Smoothie Bible is an excellent reference that inspires you to create variety to keep you hooked to your smoothie habit.

“When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is right, medicine is of no need” ~Ayurvedic Proverb

HealthySmoothieBible_7

The book begins with a good dose of inspiration where Farnoosh shares her personal journey from not being happy with her body image to choosing a healthy and natural lifestyle without going on fad diets. She explains how she switched to green juicing and then to green smoothies. The point to note is, besides green juicing and green smoothies, she also enjoys solid food.

The Healthy Smoothie Bible is full of practical information for anyone interested in getting started on smoothies. It has 108 delicious recipies with tips to create your own.

What can you expect from the book?

• A very convincing introduction to smoothies – it will have you hooked
  • How smoothies can redefine your health and beauty
  • The health benefits of a smoothie lifestyle
  • Smoothies or Juices?
  • About dairy free smoothies
  • Smoothies as meal replacements or snacks
  • The 101 on Ingredients
  • All you need to know about greens and fruits for your smoothies
  • Creating the liquid base for your smoothie
  • Matching flavors
  • What to avoid including in your smoothie
  • Equipment recommendations
  • Choosing a blender
  • How to shop, wash, store and plan ahead
  • The step by step guide to making your smoothie
  • Recipes from Farnoosh, plus user-contributed recipes
  • A smoothie beauty detox and cleanse plan
  • A handy recipe index at the end where you can find what you need quickly

In short, The Healthy Smoothie Bible is just what the name suggests.

Filled with delightfully attractive photos that made me drool, the book is a great inspiration to heal your body and get on the path to healthy living.

the healthy smoothie bible

What I like about the book is this: just about anyone can start the smoothie habit without stressing over counting calories or finding fancy ingredients. If you have access to a grocery store, veggies, fruits and greens and a blender, you are all set.

The main reason this book appeals to me: Farnoosh practices what she preaches. Her updates are there to see for anyone who follows her on Facebook where she keeps her community engaged. Also, as a diabetic, smoothies make a great in-between meals snack for me, especially now, when the weather is warm enough to melt us.

“It is easier to change a man’s religion than to change his diet.”~ Margaret Mead

If you believe that health is wealth, The Healthy Smoothie Bible makes for a great guide. That we must eat healthy including fiber and raw foods in our diet is something we all know – and smoothies can fit into just about any kind of diet and lifestyle. Who wouldn’t want a tasty way to lose weight and stay healthy?

Farnoosh recommends adopting smoothies as a lifestyle and a habit where you crave for the healthy stuff. And she shows you how to stay motivated when your enthusiasm starts to wear off. What can be better than that?

About Farnoosh Brock

the healthy smoothie bible Farnoosh Brock is the founder of Prolific Living. She is a published author, speaker, business coach, podcaster, social media enthusiast and an expert green juicer who left a nearly 12-year successful career to start her own media and publishing company, Prolific Living Inc.  She is passionate about showing you how to define your own freedom in first your health and then your career. She infuses her love of green juicing and green smoothies, Ashtanga yoga, writing, photography, languages, and world travel into her brand and inspires you to pursue your dreams and your creative genius.  Visit her website. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter. Watch her on YouTube.

Grab the book – you will love it!

Are smoothies a part of your diet?

Day 14 of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge

N is for Natural and it is a book review of the lovely “The Healthy Smoothie Bible” by Farnoosh Brock.

Today, let’s visit

Aditi at Life is a Journey…Make it beaYoutiful

Pheno Menon at Throo Da Looking Glass

Farnoosh
    April 16, 2014 at 2:17 am

Thank you SO MUCH for the smoothie love and your own enthusiasm, dearest Vidya, about health and moving in the right direction as we get older and wiser. You are a gem and I’m over the moon that you enjoyed the book.
    Farnoosh recently posted…Thick Tropical Smoothie Recipe with PapayaMy Profile

Usha Menon
    April 16, 2014 at 9:34 am

Wow so informative and practical post. I have book marked the post!
    Usha Menon recently posted…Nag Panchami FestivalMy Profile

Sreeja Praveen
    April 16, 2014 at 10:36 am

This is so practically natural, Vidya 🙂 Smoothies are something we all will love, because they’re tasty, filling and good on the stomach. Thanks for sharing this piece here. I hope the book will be available on FK soon 🙂
    Sreeja Praveen recently posted…A to Z Random Post # 14 NO !!My Profile

Marie Abanga
    April 16, 2014 at 11:02 am

So natural, me like!
    Marie Abanga recently posted…Emotions and Well being!My Profile

Corinne Rodrigues
    April 16, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I have a cucumber smoothie next to me while I read this post, Vidya. Farnoosh’s book seems to be packed with good stuff! 🙂
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Manifest Moment To MomentMy Profile

Farnoosh
      April 17, 2014 at 2:45 am

Corinne, cucumber smoothie – yum and thank you for sharing the post on G+. I hope you can enjoy the book soon! I put 108 recipes …. 108 because it’s such a special number in India and in yoga.

Proactive Indian
    April 16, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I’ve never felt the need or desire to have a smoothie. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and drink quite a bit of water and green tea, also have a bit of milk and yoghurt. Would it be more beneficial for me to have smoothies?
    Proactive Indian recently posted…NoMy Profile

Farnoosh
      April 18, 2014 at 3:04 am

So smoothies help you get a lot of nutrition without a lot of chewing work 🙂 I find that it’s easier and faster and more adventurous to drink my greens and fruits than having to chew them. For example I hardly ever eat apples by themselves – I love them but I eat them easier when blended in a smoothie … It is also a far more efficient way to get the nutrition because your body actually absorbs more of the nutrition when it’s already been broken down than if you had to chew it …. I hope this helps.
      Farnoosh recently posted…Thick Tropical Smoothie Recipe with PapayaMy Profile

nabanita
    April 16, 2014 at 1:32 pm

ohhh….I must confess I’m not at all a healthy eater but I guess I should start soon…
    nabanita recently posted…N is for NauseatedMy Profile

simple girl
    April 16, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I haven’t had a smoothie till now. My mom keeps complaining that how after joining work my fruit intake has reduced.. May be I will try smoothies..
    simple girl recently posted…AtoZchallenge – N for Naru …My Profile

Shesha Chaturvedi
    April 16, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I am a lover of healthy diets. I believe things can be tasty and healthy both – without calories and sugary stuff! We just need to work a little bit and glad there is a book – with an awesome title – healthy smoothy Bible. I keep on sharing my experiments and different recipe with frnds and relatives around. I will tell them about this book 🙂
    Shesha Chaturvedi recently posted…Nightmares and SolutionsMy Profile

Meena Menon
    April 16, 2014 at 3:22 pm

With my cold and fever, the only smoothe that wuill go in is pepper rasam now 🙂
    Meena Menon recently posted…@NrityaGram……My Profile

Beloo Mehra
    April 16, 2014 at 5:37 pm

I don’t really go much for crushed fruity or veggie drinks/smoothies, for some reason I prefer my fruits and veggies as part of crunchy salads or in other forms. But thank you for sharing this informative post. Maybe I will try some recipe from it some day 🙂
    Beloo Mehra recently posted…N is for Near, From Near to Far (Third Principle of True Teaching)My Profile

Farnoosh
      May 13, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Beloo, I am in love with my salads – in fact, ask my hubby and that’s pretty much what I can make decently in the kitchen. I’d say think of smoothies as an ADDITIONAL way of getting your fruits and veggies. You may just love it :)!
      Farnoosh recently posted…Recover from Travel with a 3-Day Green Smoothie CleanseMy Profile

WriterlySam
    April 16, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Ridiculously excited to grab a copy of Farnoosh’s smoothie book! I’m a big fan of her, “The Healthy Juicer’s Bible” and use it weekly! How perfect that she’s sharing healthy Smoothies *a family favorite beverage, next to coffee*

WriterlySam
    Echoes of Olympus
    A to Z #TeamDamyanti
    WriterlySam recently posted…Architects of Illusion (Echoes of Olympus, #1): Muse of MusicMy Profile

April 16, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Sam, you’ll just love it. It is a beautiful book. But more than that – everything is do-able! Hugs!

😀 Yep, next to coffee…..♥

I am thrilled to see you’re Farnoosh’s fan, like me!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…NaturalMy Profile

Farnoosh
      April 18, 2014 at 3:05 am

Sam, I am SO happy to hear this, thank you :)! Let me know how you like this one – a lot more recipes in this book ….
      Farnoosh recently posted…Thick Tropical Smoothie Recipe with PapayaMy Profile

Kathy
    April 17, 2014 at 12:07 am

I am going to have to check this out!! I have only ever tried berry smoothies that I made myself. ♥
    Kathy recently posted…N is for NurseMy Profile

Aditi
    April 17, 2014 at 8:51 am

If only someone would make these smoothies for me and serve me… On top of the world feeling 😉 Hehe…The book seems to be fabulous!! Thanks Vidya! 🙂
    Aditi recently posted…The Marigold SellerMy Profile

Jemima Pett
    April 17, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Mmmm. Mmmm-mmmm.

Enough said.

Jemima
    #TeamDamyanti
    Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April
    Jemima Pett recently posted…O is for OscarMy Profile

Shailaja V
    April 17, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I so needed this book four weeks ago, Vidya 😉 My smoothies journey would have been so much better 🙂

But you know something? People say that, thanks to my enforced liquid diet, I have shed some pounds and I must admit I feel lighter. So, the smoothie way does work. This book sounds like a gold mine. And oh, I LOVE that quote from Ayurveda <3
    Shailaja V recently posted…Only That!My Profile

Farnoosh
    April 18, 2014 at 3:19 am

Vidya, what an engaging community you have – I am so happy I was able to inspire a few here to try smoothies and most of all, bring our attention together to our health- which is a treasure that we must protect and guard daily. THANK YOU!
    Farnoosh recently posted…Thick Tropical Smoothie Recipe with PapayaMy Profile

April 18, 2014 at 8:43 am

Farnoosh, entirely my privilege to show off your book! Thank you so much!
      Vidya Sury recently posted…Puns and ParodiesMy Profile

carol graham
    April 19, 2014 at 12:55 am

We have had a smoothie for breakfast every morning for over 35 years. As a health coach, this is one part of teaching people how to build strong immune systems.

Carol @ Battered Hope
    carol graham recently posted…Dogs – P is for PerkyMy Profile

Michelle Wallace
    April 21, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Those smoothies look delicious!!! Yummy!
    Michelle Wallace recently posted…Q is for QuestionnaireMy Profile