Today, pull out that to-do list, or bucket list if you have one.
It is okay if you don’t.
Just take a moment to take stock of all the things you’ve been meaning to do, but haven’t gotten around to.
Wipe off the cobwebs.
It is time to do that “something” you have been postponing, or maybe procrastinating on for a while now.
It could be anything.
- Learning a new language/to knit/draw/paint
- Learning a new musical instrument
- Taking that ecourse
- Waiting for that ever-busy schedule to clear up.
- You have been putting off that tough conversation with a friend/neighbor/colleague at work—and have been avoiding them.
- Maybe you have been meaning to call that old friend who called you—whose call you intend to return…but haven’t gotten around to.
- Maybe you’ve been planning to clean out your fridge/bookshelf/closet/garage
- Maybe you have been dreaming of writing that book/that post.
Whatever it is, now is the time to reflect.
Ask yourself what’s keeping you from doing it.
Ask yourself why you’ve been putting it off…for so long.
Don’t feel bad about the answers.
Just pick one or three, and do it.
Enjoy the empowering feeling of accomplishment that follows with each thing you complete.
Feel the bliss.
Life is too short to put off the good stuff.
As Carl Jung aptly puts it…
You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do
As for me, I am going to:
- Clear out and clean the kitchen counter
- Connect with my classmate who sent me a message last week—I feel so guilty that we haven’t gotten around to chat. I am never too busy for my friends.
- Call my uncle—haven’t spoken to him in a while. In a family, there’s no place or space for ego.
What will you accomplish today?
I’d love to hear in the comments.
Have a wonderful day! ♥