Wednesday Wisdom Mindful Living

Why Walking Is the Best Exercise #WednesdayWisdom

Walking is the best exercise. Here's why. #inspiringquotes #WednesdayWisdom #selfhelp

You already know that walking is the best exercise, especially because it needs no special equipment, except for a pair of good walking shoes. This post is not about that kind of exercise, although I recommend it highly.

While walking is great for physical fitness, it can also keep you mentally fit.

Here’s how.

Walk away from arguments that lead you to nowhere but anger.

Walk away from people who deliberately put you down.

Walk away from any thought that reduces your worth.

Walk away from failures and fears that stifle your dreams.

Walk away from people who do not care for you and who are opportunistic.

The more you walk away from things that poison your soul, the healthier your life will be.

Walk towards love, peace, kindness, and goodness.

Walk towards your soul, into a space of self-love, and happiness. ♥

Each Wednesday, I’ll bring you a short story or snippet of wisdom. This week’s wisdom is from Dodinsky’s “In the Garden of Thoughts.”

Some of my favorite quotes by Dodinsky

If you allow momentary defeats to find shelter in your heart, you are allowing your most beautiful dreams to become homeless.

“People relying on others or someone to complete them are delaying the opportunity to discover the person they are meant to be.”

Some people will never ‘get you’. Do not spend eternity asking why. People will see you differently, just cherish those who lift your soul.

When someone leaves you, it doesn’t give you permission to run away from yourself too.

If it is detrimental to you emotionally, physically and spiritually… What choice do you have left but to let go and flourish with self-respect?

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticisms, and misguided opinions, walking away is the best way to stand up for yourself. To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude.

Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind.

Closed doors. Rejections. They do not decide your fate. They simply redirect your course. You must keep moving because life’s detours can also be meaningful.

To strengthen the muscles of your heart, the best exercise is lifting someone else’s spirit whenever you can.

Be grateful to those who left you, for their absence gave you the strength to grow in the space they abandoned.

The only time you can lose your brilliance is when you let dust settle on your heart ...dust coming from the opinions of those who belittle you, dust coming from the anger you have towards others and yourself, dust coming from questioning your own worth. What you allow to settle becomes who you are #inspiringquotes

Enjoy!

Spread the love

Dipika Singh
    December 20, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Lovely, walking really helps in most of the situations. Health be it physical or mental – walk keeps it going.

Shilpa Gupte
    December 20, 2017 at 7:21 pm

At first, I thought this post was about ‘walking’, as in the physical exercise, and I was ready to get up and go walk as soon as I finished reading!
    The walking you are talking about is something we all ought to do. I sure need to remember all of the above quotes, especially the first one. It so resonates with me.

Laura Tong
    December 20, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Beautiful, Vidya – ‘Walk towards your soul, into a space of self-love, and happiness’ and ‘The more you walk away from things that poison your soul, the healthier your life will be’ – 2 fabulous walks we can take anytime, anywhere.

Darla M Sands
    December 21, 2017 at 1:33 am

Fabulous advice and wonderful quotes. Thank you for sharing.

Jayakrishnan
    December 21, 2017 at 10:15 am

Grateful to you Vidya… for enlightening on the guidance to follow in life… to attain peace and happiness, with simple act of just “Walking Away”… wonderful one and one has to remember it in all situations in life… how to “Walk” to improve physical health and “Walk Away” to safeguard the mental strength….

Kala Ravi
    December 21, 2017 at 10:31 am

The simplest advice is sometimes the most perfect one! This is one such gem!

Nicole Steyn
    January 10, 2020 at 3:54 pm

This was so much more than what I expected! Soo good! I definitely need to practice more of the mental walking along with my new habit of physically walking. I love it!

Richa MIna
    January 11, 2020 at 8:57 am

indeed walking is the best exercise for mental peace, just walk away from the negativity & move towards a positive future. thanks, it’s a great post.

Leana Lourens
    January 11, 2020 at 9:58 am

Hi Vidya. Walking has so many benefits I agree with you. I used to go and walk alot when I was still pregnant with Janelle which actually gave me some energy and also because I like it👍

Shilpa Garg
    January 12, 2020 at 7:04 am

Well said, it’s best to walk away from all things that pull you down, the drama, the negativity… this is best for our mental well being. Thanks for this inspirational and wise words!!
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…9 Simple Ways to Read More Books This Year

Ashh Akanksha
    January 13, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Vidya, thank you for sharing your incredible experience and knowledge with everyone. I know walking is such an amazing exercise but never gave a thought to such extent. It helps with mental wellbeing as well – i think we all focus on physical health more and neglect our mental health. This post is just such a reminder to take time from our busy lives and start walking.
    Ashh Akanksha recently posted…Best of Beauty 2019 – Makeup Edit