It’s midweek and I am going to keep this post really short–in fact I have a 5-minute instant detox for you that will make you feel wonderful in eight super-short steps.
If you are stressed over too much to do–it is time to take a deep breath.
This instant detox exercise is something you can do anywhere. You just need to visualize.
So if your day has been rough, this is exactly what you need. Let’s think of it as a mindfulness exercise.
On one condition, though! Promise me you’ll do this right away. And tell me how it feels.
5 minutes is all you need!
1. Visualize yourself near a stream.
2. You’re enjoying the cool mountain air
3. Birds are softly chirping
4. This secret place–all yours–only you know about it. You are away from the hectic world in this peaceful place
5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
6. Look at the water! The water is crystal clear.
7. You can easily make out the face of the person you can see in the water.
8. See? You’re smiling already.
There’s something about mountains and waterfalls and chirping birds that fills me with a deep sense of peace. The featured image at the top of the post is from my album–during a visit to Talakona waterfalls near Tirupati. We had to make our way on foot for quite a distance as vehicles could only get so far. We walked through jungle pathways to reach this beautiful and serene spot. The water cascaded down, as the sun shone, turning everything into a sparkly, glittery world. We had only the sounds of nature around us. Birds, yes. Also monkeys who enjoyed nature, splashing around in the pools created at the foot of the waterfalls. The water formed a stream and went all the way down the hills, merging with other rivulets and temple ponds.
Fabulous memory. I have a long list of “peaceful happy places” filed away for when I need to reset my internal thermostat.
What is your favorite place?
Wednesday Wisdom is a series with short bursts of easy-to-consume wisdom in the form of stories, quotes, anecdotes, reflections, meditations and humor.