You know I enjoy taking a pleasant digital vacation every once in a while. I find that going offline is rejuvenating and relaxing. Nothing compares to feeling and savoring the textures of life, nature and all that we come in contact with. This time, my digital vacation included doing simple things like:
- Walking on my terrace – yay! I figured out a way to wear footwear on my right foot. I place a little wad of tissue paper on the front half of my foot where the footwear covers it to prevent it from grazing over the scabby skin. I can’t wait to wear shoes and get back to walking at Sankey Tank Lake!
- I hobbled to and around our local supermarkets where they treated me like a long lost friend. I loved it
- I went to my son’s school on the pretext of dropping him off – his exams began yesterday. I enjoyed reminiscing about old times with other parents who can obviously come to meet each other. Happy times.
- We went out for a leisurely lunch at the campus restaurant after the exam and had a lovely meal
- We walked back half the way home simply enjoying nature – ever noticed that when you really notice – every thing looks special? To me it does
- Returned home and settled down to read and doze for a couple of hours and had some nice day dreams
- Made coffee and relished it along with some amazing wheat biscuits I got from our local store
- Finished off the day with an empty kitchen sink
- Went to bed at 11 pm – I usually plan to -but end up shutting down closer to 1 am
It is a good life. And here are the pictures from my digital vacation with zero air travel
I saw this pretty little patch of flowers in the front yard of an abandoned house
No looking for the cheapest flights to head down this peaceful path -it beckoned. I set forth to see where it led.
Didn’t need tickets to enjoy the sudden sight of this tree laden with beautiful jack fruit. Hey! Hi Vidur! See his face in the right bottom corner? Just noticed it 🙂
Here is a closer look…
…..and an even closer look!
Clearly I was obsessed with the fruit!
On the other side, we saw this – yards and yards of dry leaves that crunched beneath our feet. Can you see the sole surviving green twig in it? What a miracle nature is!
As we continued walking, we looked up to see this glorious riot of mauve flowers against the backdrop of the blue sky with fluffy white clouds taking a stroll. Were they also on a digital vacation?
Further down the road, I looked up to see the sun twinkling at me, highlighting the lovely yellow flowers
These yellow flowers hold such memories for me!
Life is good. Everything matters.
A digital vacation is a great idea – I like it at least once a week. It rests the eyes. It keeps headaches at bay. It makes you happy to get back to work! And it lets you get a good night’s sleep!
Now, let’s go to Unknown Mami’s blog. She hosts this sweet meme every Sunday. Free travel included – directly from your keyboard.
How often do you take a digital vacation? What do you do?