Today’s Wednesday Wisdom is all about meal planning.
Meal planning—at least for me—is fun. I love to make a food time-table for the week.
As I work from home, this is sensible as it helps me organize my grocery lists and shopping. It helps me manage my time better when I plan. There are enough distractions when working from home without the “what to eat” challenge at mealtimes. Also, being a diabetic, my menu is one of my precious tools in managing my blood sugar levels.
We also need food for our soul, right?
That’s where this lovely menu for a fulfilling life comes in.
Of course, plenty of choice, as any good menu is expected to be.
This menu has starters, a main course and naturally, dessert.
It’s a buffet! Help yourself. Feel free to pick as many items as you like.
Choose at least two.
- Wake up earlier than usual. It is amazing what you can accomplish when you’re up 30 minutes before your usual time.
- Try to exercise at least thirty minutes a day. You could walk, take the stairs, walk your pet, exercise at your desk…you figure it out. Break a sweat. (This one’s compulsory)
- Meditate, sit quietly, or do yoga—whatever works for you.
- Get enough sleep.
The main course
- Dress well. Invest in yourself. Your chances of success are better. Like it or not, appearances do make an impression.
- If you can’t handle it, seek help. Outsource. It is perfectly fine to delegate—because, less stress.
- Cut down on mobile time. You’ll be surprised how much time you save. Time better spent on more productive things.
- Reflect: what have you been putting off for a while? What decision have you been afraid to make? Pick one of those things and deal with it. Today. Perhaps, now.
- Practice creativity. Give your brain some exercise. Maybe take up a hobby, a sport, enjoy music, dancing, gift your time to someone, play with kids…and so on.
Just go ahead and indulge in all of these!
- Plan and go on vacation at least twice a year.
- Pledge to spend time with family or friends at least once a week.
- Pick up a new hobby/interest. Can be as easy as catching up on your reading or taking up a reading challenge.
- Smile often. Consciously.
- Enjoy a movie or a play at least once a month.
- Learn a new language.
- Got unfinished business? Decide on whether it is still worth tackling. If yes, do it. If no, ditch it.
- Donate, discard or recycle. Make space for fresh things.
- Been meaning to call/visit that friend for a while? Do it now.
- Laugh often. It is still the best medicine! Catch your favorite comedy show.
Isn’t that nice?
Wednesday Wisdom is a series with short bursts of easy-to-consume wisdom in the form of stories, quotes, anecdotes, and humor.