All is well in my world
This post is a tribute to Louise Hay, who will live forever in the hearts of those whose lives she transformed through her legacy of wisdom.
On 30 August, the world lost one of its most powerful motivators, Louise Hay, author, and the founder of Hay House. She’s known as one of the pioneers of the self-help movement and her blockbuster bestselling book “You Can Heal Your Life” has changed billions of lives. In fact, in one of my health groups, we recommend this book as a healing practice.
I love Louse Hay because she teaches how to create more of makes us happy, in addition to mind, spirit and body wellness. It is true we can attract what we want.
She did not have an easy life, and is immortal proof that positive affirmations and visualization work. She succeeded in healing herself from cancer by practicing what she preached.
While there are innumerable inspiring quotes by Louise Hay, today I am focusing on affirmations, something she believed in implicitly, and so do I. I have read many of her books and am blessed to own several of them.
In two words, affirmations are positive self-talk! Affirmations help you become aware of the thoughts in your head, and help you choose your thoughts and project positivity. They are effective tools to change your life for the better, bringing about positive and permanent change. Of course we all practice self-sabotage through negative thinking—some of us more often than others—so why not challenge and zap negative and limiting beliefs that hold us back and realize our true potential?
So you’ll probably experience some kind of resistance inside initially—maybe even secretly think bah,humbug!—but that’s only because you’ve held on to some limiting beliefs for too long. But you know what they say: practice, until you get to your goal.
While Louise Hay has written affirmations for improving every area and aspect of our lives, I’ve picked five favorites. They are affirmations for health, self-esteem, change, forgiveness, and creativity.
Pick your own favorites and practice. And let me know how you feel.
Affirmations for health
- I am the only person who has control over my eating habits. I can always resist something if I choose to.
- Filling my mind with pleasant thoughts is the quickest road to health.
- I make healthy choices. I have respect for myself.
- I look forward to a healthy old age because I take loving care of my body now
- I am constantly discovering new ways to improve my health.
- I balance my life between work, rest, and play. They all get equal time.
- I am grateful for being alive today. It is my joy and pleasure to live another wonderful day.
- I give a portion of my time to helping others. It is good for my own health.
- I get plenty of sleep every night. My body appreciates how I take care of it.
- Water is my favorite beverage. I drink lots of water to cleanse my body and mind.
Affirmations for self-esteem
- I choose to feel good about myself.
- I stand on my own two feet. I accept and use my own power.
- I am totally adequate for all situations.
- It does not matter what other people say or do. What matters is how I choose to react and what I choose to believe about myself.
- I see the world through eye of love and acceptance. All is well in my world.
- My self-esteem is high because I honor who I am.
- I deserve all that is good.
- My life gets more fabulous every day. I look forward to what each new hour brings.
- I am neither too little nor too much, and I do not have to prove myself to anyone.
- I accept others as they are; and they, in turn, accept me.
All that I seek is already within me
Affirmations for Change
Be willing to allow the changes to happen when they come up in your life. Be aware that where you do not want to change is exactly the area where you need to change the most.
- Changes can begin in this moment. I am willing to see how and where I need to change.
- Life brings me only good experiences. I am open to new and wonderful changes.
- I release any limitations based on old negative thoughts. I joyfully look forward to the future.
- I am safe in the world. I am comfortable with change and growth.
- I open my consciousness to the expansion of life. There is plenty of space for me to grow and change.
- It is always easy for me to adapt and change. I am flexible and flowing.
- I feel safe in the rhythm and flow of ever-changing life.
- Every moment presents a wonderful new opportunity to become more of who I am.
- I allow change to occur without resistance or fear. I am free.
- I am aware that what I do not want to change is exactly what I need to change the most.
Affirmations for forgiveness
- I take responsibility for my own life. I am free.
- I learn to forgive and release. Inner peace is my goal.
- People do the best they can with the knowledge, understanding,and awareness that they have at the time.
- My spiritual growth is not dependent on others.
- Forgiving makes me feel free and light.
- It is empowering to forgive and let go.
- There is no right or wrong. I move beyond my judgment.
- I am willing to go beyond my own limitations.
- I refuse to limit myself. I am always willing to take the next step.
- I give myself permission to let go.
You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.
Affirmations for Creativity
- I release all resistance to expressing my creativity fully.
- I create easily and effortlessly when I let my thoughts come from the loving space of my own heart.
- I do something new or at least different—every day.
- There is ample time and opportunity for creative expression in whatever area I choose.
- I am my own unique self: special, creative, and wonderful.
- My potential is unlimited.
- I am a joyous, creative expression of life.
- My innate creativity surprises and delights me.
- I am a clear thinker and I express myself with ease.
- I give myself permission to be creatively fulfilled.
I am pretty sure Louise Hay is smiling down at us from her place of peace.
As I say YES to life, life says YES to me.
Now, for a small action tip.
- Get yourself a stack of cards.
- Write down your ten favorite affirmations from this list.
- Place them where you can see them regularly, and often.
- To me, affirmations feel like a personal hug.